Home




The Land of Smiles Part 3
Sunday, August 11, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

As promised, my last update on my BKK trip! (:

Chatuchak, in my previous post, I had mentioned that travelling to Chatuchak is really easy. You can just take the BTS to the station Mo Chit. Another way is to alight at the MRT station Chatuchak. At Chatuchak, I think the whole highlight was food! Haha. A photo journey of the food that we ate!



What I am holding is a Choconana, which is basically frozen banana dipped in chocolate sauce and almond chunks. It actually tasted like ice cream and a joy to eat in that terrible weather!

We had some street snacks for breakfast on our second day at Chatuchak before braving the heat and the crowd! I think I always look super happy with food! Hahah



And just like everyone going to Chatuchak, we MUST get the coconut ice cream. But I think we didn't get from the original store, but nonetheless, it was still really good. 


Besides the ice cream and coconut meat, we can choose 2 other sides to go with it. The selection included sticky rice, peanuts, nata de coco, pumpkin and corn. I chose sticky rice and peanuts to go with my ice cream.


We were given a cup of Coconut juice to go along with the ice cream! Superb nice and refreshing! I bought a bottle of it after to quench my thirst! I think I actually enjoyed the drink more than the ice cream. :D Hahaha.

The weather was really terrible that day and we retreated to this bar for a short respite. 


Quite a nice place to chill, though I must say it comes with a rather steep price tag. We people watched and rested while enjoying the cool breeze. A pity the WiFi was not working that day.

And next,


Happy face again! I bet you know what it is- FOOD! Hahah. This is B's fave picture in the entire album.


And my pretty travel buddy Jessica! :D


This fried chicken (or was it pork? I forgot which) was really really good! And the chilli went really well with it. But the rice was too dry though. They had huge plates of salad that looked really delicious, but we weren't very hungry as the heat really got to us and affected our appetite. 

We wanted to head to Rod Fai market after, but the locals told us that Rod Fai is no longer operational. I think they moved though. If you managed to get to Rod Fai, please let me know! Because I was really looking forward to get there and was so disappointed. We ended up hopping onto a Tuk-Tuk...


And on our way to Chinatown for some delicious Zi Char! :D Our Thai friend recommended us to have our dinner at T & K, which was the green polo tee people at Chinatown. Their competitors were in red. So easy to spot them!


And according to him, no where else in Bangkok would you find seafood cheaper than Chinatown! Haha


Our pot of Clear Tom Yum Seafood soup! Really good!!!


Morning Glory which Jessica loved! 


And on to Nam Sing, which was next to T&K for some bird nest goodness!


My bowl of Red Bird Nest! 

And on our last day, we planned to conquer the Siam group of malls, MBK and get our manicure!


Before setting off, we settled for breakfast at Krispy Kreme at Siam Paragon. There was free WiFi. 

Actually prior to this shot, we were approached by a man who claimed to be a Singaporean. He could not speak much Mandarin and was trying to communicate with us in Cantonese. He told us that the previous night, he and his wife lost their valuables at Chinatown and as such have no money left. They wanted to get back home that day but have no money so he was asking if we can lend him some approx $100sgd. He would return us when we get back to Singapore. His mode of transport would be train. When we replied that we had not much money left as it was our last day, he said that we could give him approx $40sgd to reach HupChai where there would be more Singaporeans that will assist him in getting back. It was all very weird and he showed us his Passport and IC real quick to prove his nationality. We declined to help him as we really didn't have much cash left. It was enough to get us through the day before our flight back Singapore. After he left, Jessica told me that she suspects that he could be lying and that he could be part of a syndicate to con Singaporeans! So please beware of such people, who may take advantage of your kindness!

At around noon, we spotted the Magnum Cafe at Siam Center!



We went in to create our very own version of Magnum!



These are some suggestions for the not so adventurous people! Haha


My creation, but they ran out of Macaron and I chose Pistachio Nuts instead. On hindsight, I think they left out my Red Velvet Cake too!




Our Magnums. In my honest opinion, I don't think it was worth it. I think the normal Magnums actually taste better. But do visit and try for the fun and novelty.


Next off, we went to MBK for lunch. The food court on the top floor was giving free Iced Thai Tea to all foreigners. However, food there was pricey and was taxed too!



Our expensive but delicious lunch! And after our lunch, we went to the mall opposite MBK, besides Siam Square for manicure! Very easy to spot this shop as it is located just after the overhead bridge that connects it with MBK.


Cheap and good service. Their nail arts are really nice and intricate too. Thanks for the recommendation Aik Kun! :D


Jessica's Nails


My Nails. Pink and White Combi which really isn't me, but I had upcoming interviews then. As such, I couldn't choose too adventurous colours or designs. But I think they turned out really pretty! But the clumsy me ruined them within 15 minutes!


And home sweet home with our bags of loots! :D:D

If you have missed out on the other 2 parts.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Older | Newer