Home




Grad trip Taiwan Fun Day 6
Friday, June 28, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

Hello! I'm with another post on Taiwan! I reckoned I better finish on Taiwan because I'm heading to BKK in two weeks time! :D:D So happy! So this post will be on Taipei. As I'm writing, I'm still thinking should it be superb lengthy post or a Part 1/2 post as there is much to see and do in Taipei. However, I realized that I haven't really taken a lot of photos in Taipei. I usually don't take many pictures in the city because I think most cities look vaguely like Singapore OR that the only things to take are shops or my shopping. And I would be way to engross to be able to snap a picture! Hahah.

Okay, after uploading my pictures, I realized I'm wrong. I do have a lot of photos in Taipei! Haha. Partially because I went to the outskirts of Taipei for a day and took many pictures then. So I shall split my Taipei post then!

Upon reaching Taipei on Day 5, I actually went to Taipei Main Station to get cheap shoes and to Shida Night Market (A short distance away from Taipower Buidling Station) after for dinner and cheap local pricing clothing. However, no pictures! (I actually forgotten why no pictures! Haha)

On Day 6, we decided to dedicate the whole day to SHOPPING and EATING. :D That's right! And probably the best place to go for this purpose was Wu Fen Pu (五分埔)! We got there via the MRT to Hou Shan Pi station. You can actually take the rail train to Song Shan Railway station from Taipei Main Station. We went too early as the wholesale stores only start opening at 11am. And so we went to settle our lunch at Formosa Chang 胡须张.


 The icon looked like 张菲! Haha. The food was reasonably priced and we ordered their set meals as it was more worth it.

卤肉饭

I thought it was flavourful but a tad too salty for my liking. I've been eating all the 卤肉饭 around, but I just can't find back the same taste. The one I had 4 years ago was sooooo good. ): My mouth waters just thinking about it. 





And then we went to shop shop shop at Wu Fen Pu. It was SO HUGE, with so many lanes to cover. However, I was disappointed with the pricing. It was no where near Shanghai's 七浦路 standard. We had to get many pieces before we can get discount. And the shopkeepers were rather curt with us instead of the usual Taiwanese hospitable service level. I only encountered a few really nice shopkeepers, with whom I made my purchases from. There was this really sincere lady that successfully sold me 4 pieces of clothes because she was so sincere and nice! Plus, her clothes were really reasonably priced and the quality was good too. But, I forgot which lane it was. ): I even got the dress I wanted to get previously in Singapore at more than half the price! There were guys clothes too. But the prices were way higher than the ladies one.

So after our very tiring shopping, we decided to head over to Raohe St. Night Market. It was just a stone throwaway from Wu Fen Pu.


So glad we decided to head there around 5plus before the crowd came in. It was pretty insane at around7-8pm. The crowd was comparable to our Chinatown during the pre-CNY period!


Acting all touristy and carrying the loots that we amassed at Wu Fen Pu! Hahaha. 


And the touristy me with the second bag of loot! :D


And just at the entrance of Rao He is the famous Pepper Biscuit (胡椒饼)While we were busy taking picture, B's mum actually went to queue for the Pepper Biscuit! So sweet of her! Haha. So we only waited a short while before laying our greedy hands on the converted Biscuit! Made fresh!


I was not kidding when talking about the queue and crowd. Seeing those people so close to my lens, you can guess how packed the place was!


I kept laughing at this picture! I'm so sorry. I captured him at his most unglam moment and he looked kind of annoyed. Probably at the insane crowd! Haha. And he was the only Caucasian there, taking on an apprentice role. Kudos to him for braving the heat and the insane crowd to work at the most popular store to speed by the process of making those delicious Pepper Biscuit!


Our excited and greedy faces while awaiting our Pepper Biscuit! 


 

Tadaah!! :D It was really nice. There were a lot of ingredients in each biscuit like mushrooms and meat. I did not find the peppery taste overwhelming. Best consumed while hot. I would strongly recommend that you queue for them. Worth it! (Y)

And how can we not eat Chicken Cutlet when in Taiwan? Haha. We chanced upon this store that had a queue and decided to check it out. Typical Singaporean, but it was totally worth it. The name was very simple "大鸡排 55". And the Chicken Cutlet was indeed huge!




And we had cheese baked potato based on my sister's recommendation. They had many flavours to choose from. I took a picture of the menu for easy reference because the crowd was coming in while we were deciding.




And our Baked Cheese Potato. We had Bacon, Ham and Mushroom! Pretty Yums when hot. But when it turned cold, it was a Meh. And I think because we had quite a bit of food before that (which weren't featured here because were gone before I could snap a picture), this dish was a bit gelat after a few spoonful. But I love Potato and Cheese, so though was sinful, I was still noming away. HAHA. Plus, I was distracted while eating, because...



We saw an UFO machine with my favourite Vivid Giraffe. I could not resist their cuteness and asked B if I should try my luck. After just 1 attempt, B decided that I should just concentrate on noming my potato while he took over the reins in capturing this giraffe. Our target was the blue one at the front. We had some tips from the storekeeper as well. After spending NT60, we finally caught it! :D:D So happy. It is so cute, and I named it Iggy which sounds like Baby in Korean. Don't judge okay! Who can resist this cutie, you tell me! Hahahah.

And we ended our food trail with desserts at a Tofu Pudding store!


No idea how to read the Chinese word actually. I think is Xiang Chun(?) We ordered two bowls to share. One was Tofu Pudding with red beans and the other was 3-colour flavoured Tofu Pudding.




I think they tasted better than they look! Hahah. And we ended our day checking into our 2nd hotel in Taipei. It was so much better than the 1st one. The location was better, the room was roomier and was comfortable. We booked via Agoda.

Muzik Hotel Taipei
6F, No.90, Sec 1, Zhonghua Rd, Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan
  


And I just have to end this post with this picture! Hahah. My two favourite buys from the whole trip! :D Meet Vivid and Iggy! :D The mother and daughter.


 Till my next post, which will be the last for this entire trip! Stay tuned! (:





Labels: , , , , , ,


Older | Newer