Home




Laneige- A waterfull Journey
Saturday, May 25, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

Nuffnang and Laneige are holding a joint competition! And I'm so excited because Laneige is one of my all time favourite brand.


Launched in 1994 in Korea, Laneige is a premium cosmetic brand that promotes lively, youthful skin with its most advanced ‘water science’ technology. Meaning ‘natural snow’ in French, Laneige values the artistic sense of snow crystals and its source, water. Positioning itself as the ‘moisture-expert’ brand, Laneige introduces a variety of ‘Water-full’ skincare and make-up products to bring confidence and sophisticated beauty to young female consumers, and women who want to achieve the radiant, dewy skin they have always longed for. Since its first launch overseas in 2002, Laneige can be found in 475 counters, in department stores and freestanding stores across 13 countries around the globe, as of December 2012.


Details of competition: The Laneige Beautiful Blogger Challenge- a Grand Winner will be crowned through public voting. The lucky Beautiful Blogger will win a 1-year “Laneige K-Beauty Blogger” contract & $2,000 cash prize from Laneige!

This is my very first blog entry for a competition. Let's hope for the best. But competition aside, I sincerely feel that Laneige is a really good brand and today's post will be on my favorite Laneige products, of which I think help me achieve my radiant skin. 

Presenting to you my Laneige Superstars...



My Laneige Sun Block Triple SPF 40 PA++, Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack and Water Sleeping Pack_ EX. My small bottle of Water Sleeping Pack_ EX is my awesome travel buddy and a life savior when I got sun burnt in Taiwan because I absentmindedly forgot to apply my sunblock. As you can see, the products I introduced are all skincare products. I believe that when your skin is healthy and well-protected, you are the most beautiful and radiant. As such, I am a true believer in good skin care to protect and nurture my skin. Moreover, aging starts at the age of 25 for ladies, so by practicing good skin care regime, we can actually play a concerted effort in slowing down the process and appear younger than your physical age. Look at Laneige Song Hye Kyo! Her actual age is 31, but she doesn't look anywhere near 30 because of her impeccable good skin. :D

Do you know that 80% of aging is caused by excess sun exposure? 

This is because overexposure can break down collagen and elastin in your skin and this will cause more wrinkles and pigmentation to occur. As such, the term photoageing refers to premature ageing of the skin caused by prolonged repeated exposure to UV radiation primarily from the sun!


Not to scare you but the picture above shows that if you don't take skin protection seriously, you might end up with leathery, weather beaten appearance like the lady!  

As such, I will always take preventive measures such as slathering on sunblock before heading out. Moreover, I don't really put on much makeup, as such I consider my Laneige Sun Block Triple as my make up base as it has color-correcting effect (working like the CC creams which are all the range today).




There is no more Laneige Sun Block Triple  in the market now as Laneige has released a new set of Sun Block range. I have yet to check out the new range but I really really like this product that I'm using. As I spend most of my time in the sun, applying this product ensures that my skin is lovingly protected from the harsh UV rays!



And one thing that I really love about this product is how it has a pencil-like tip. This prevents us from accidentally squeezing excessive amount of sunblock each time. As such, my bottle of Laneige Sun Block Triple can last me quite a while. Plus it reduces messiness! Those usual type of sunblocks have wide openings, as such, they are prone to leakages and wastage. This small tip prevents such incidents from happening! No more wastage of precious sunblock! :D






I have squirt a little of the sunblock on my hand. As you can see, each squirt is only a small blob of sunblock. So we have control over how much sunblock we want to use. It is slightly pinkish in color due to the color-correcting properties. Moreover, Laneige Sun Block Triple is high in both Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, making it a physical sun block which is pretty safe on the face and does not cause free radicals. This product offers protection for both UVA and UVB rays.


And the next product would be on my favorite skin care. I absolutely adore the Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack and Water Sleeping Pack_ EX. However, I'm sure many of you are familiar with the famous Water Sleeping Pack_ EX that has won many accolades since it's introduction! As such, I shall  be blogging only about the Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack! This mask really deserves more recognition! When I came back from my recent Taiwan trip, my skin was in a rather bad condition. I had a few pimples and blemishes and my skin felt really terrible and stressed up. I guess all the travelling and late night resulted in my skin protesting in the form of an outbreak. ): But I had a half-day internship in two days time and needed to look my best! This was when Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack came to my rescue! After using it, my skin looked evidently better and my pimples started clearing! Amazing product this is! I introduced it to B's mum too. :D

This is how the bottle of Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack looks like. It is in a nice pink bottle that is the same size and packaging as the Water Sleeping Pack_ EX. However, this mask is not a sleeping mask like the water pack. Instead, it is a wash-off mask. So after you have cleanse your face and use a scrub/skin refiner, apply this on your face. Wash off after 5-10mins with lukewarm water. Use about 1-2 times a week, depending on your skin condition.


This is how the product looks like. The mask feels and smells like yogurt. This is because there is Sogurty™, a specialized fermented yogurt that promotes collagen synthesis and enhances defense ability of skin from harmful external causes to leave skin healthier and firmer. Its anti-inflammatory effects also soothes skin from skin troubles. The Multiberry complex synthesize form various berry extracts delivers abundant nutrition and antioxidants to eliminate harmful free radicals!

Hence, this product will hydrates, nourishes and regenerates your skin for supple and firm skin! :D 

Do you know that in one of the top anti-aging method is to ensure that the skin's barrier function is improved to retain moisture within the skin? This is because dry skin is a result of the skin's protective barrier being compromised thus making it more susceptible to stress from the environment and other irritants. As such, repairing your skin is very important in your anti-aging regime! Moreover, a moist skin will make it looks more supple and firm as well. The desired "qq toi toi" feeling! :D

I shall end this post with two pictures of myself with my Laneige products! :D


My Laneige Sun Block Triple is my favorite make up product in the Laneige line. It is lightweight and has color-correcting effect, allowing me to achieve the natural look while lovingly protecting my skin from the harsh UV rays. Plus, I love that it has an illuminating effect under the sun. :D  Don't my skin look good here? ^^


 And my favorite skin care product is the Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack. It helps me acheive the "qq toi toi" skin that is desired by many. And who won't love a repair pack that helps to clear up pimples while hydrating and rejuvenating the skin? This is the 6th day of my return from Taiwan. No more pimples on the face. :D

Please please let me be one of the 10 lucky bloggers to attend the makeup session to recreate K -Beauty looks with the Laneige BB Cushion. I hope to win it because I'm entering the workforce soon and I want to learn how to do basic make-up. And the make-up on Song Hye Gyo looks very natural and wearable!




Older | Newer