Home




belif- believe in truth
Saturday, April 27, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

Today I will be blogging about a skin care brand
belif- believe in truth.

Belif uses natural herb to produce their skin care products. It leverages the the knowledge and traditional herbal processing method passed down from a British herbalist since 1860 to create a cosmetic line formulated with superb ingredients and efficacy for the skin. The British herbalist was Duncan Napier. belif holds on to the Duncan Napier's philosophy that " the best raw materials create the most honest efficacy" and as such only selected the finest ingredients and developed the "True Herb Formula". 
Belif Singapore has been holding several monthly competition since February and has been giving out theme "True Box" as a reward to their fans. 




In February, the "My Valentine's True Box" was given while in the month of March the "Belif in Women's Rights!True Box" was given in celebration of International Women's Day! In the month of April, Belif gave out the "Go Green with belif! True Box" in celebration of Earth day. Contestants will have to submit a creative recycling tip in less than 100 words to marketing@belif.com.sg. I submitted a idea and was selected as one of the three lucky winners! 

My idea was 
For old clothes made of stretchy materials, we can cut them into tiny strips of about 2cm X 30cm. Then sew a simple blanket stitch at one end for 5 strips. Do a 5 strand-braid and sew the ends together. Now you can have a nice hair-tie uniquely yours. Try combining with strands of different colours/patterns or different width sizes!  

I am so happy and excited as I've been wanting to try out belif products since their inception in Singapore! So I went down to their store in Plaza Singapore #01-61 to collect my "Go Green with belif! True Box". 


I think the Belif team puts in a lot of effort with their packaging. I really like the paper bag given. They list down their 5 promises- Herbal ingredients, Authentic Formula, True Benefit, Safety and Timelessness in the same way they list their ingredients on their bottle. I love the light blue box that holds the goodies with a bow. 


And these are all the goodies that are housed in the True box. There was a bottle of Peat Miracle Revital Cream 10ml, a bottle of Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner 20ml, UV Protector Daily Sunscreen Gel 2ml and Peat Miracle Revital eye cream 3ml. The Mild and Effective facial scrub was not supposed to be in the pack. But the very friend staff was giving them out as samples and she passed one over with a big smile, asking me to try. Hehe. So I got an extra item to try! Yay! I really like the simplistic packaging of the items and how all the important facts of each product is clearly stated on the bottles/packaging. For example, for the scrub, "For oily to normal/combination skin? YES!" I thought it was really cute. And a plus point, since most of the time, consumers could be interested to get a product but is rather shy to ask the staff or the staff may be busy. Hence, by just looking at the packaging, consumers will know the answers right away.


I was very excited about the toner actually because I've been looking for a toner for ages! I actually make a bad choice with my previous bought toner as it was too harsh for my skin. Unlike the other toners I've used, this toner was of a thicker consistency as shown on the picture. It is white in colour, but once you spread out the toner, it becomes transparent and is absorbed into the skin in seconds, leaving the skin feeling light. Witch Hazel and Jasmine help to sooth the skin and the former has antiseptic properties too. The smell is light and in my opinion, smells a little like sweet potato soup with a slight hint of ginger.

The very next product that interest me- Peat Miracle Revital Cream. According to belif, peat extract is found in Peat land and it helps to increase the skin's turnover rate up to 9.28% and slows down signs of aging. Stratum Corneum is actually the top most layer of your skin . I believe that it is never too early to start taking preventative measures to slow down aging and it is always better to be early than late right! I don't wish to lament in future over my lack of effort that results in bad skin.



One thing I really like about the packaging is the cap! It looks like a top hat and I can imagine the bottle with a mustache "Like a sir".  Hahaha. As you can see from the picture, the colour of the cream is ivory. Initially, before opening the bottle, I thought the cream will be filled to be just-below-the-neck of the bottle. But to my surprise, it was filled all the way to the top. The cream is actually creamy by touch but on application, becomes a bit more pasty. As such, after application, I do not feel any oiliness, leaving a very light touch. I really like the after-application texture. Because of our humid weather, whenever I put on moisturizer, I feel that there is a layer of oil on my skin. But not for this. It is light, fast absorption and leaves my skin breathable.








After using these two products, I'm truly impressed with belif and could soon be on my way to purchase my first products from belif, I believe. (Pun intended. Hahaha) Plus, there is more reasons to do so since the True Box came with a $5 off voucher too! :D
 I shall end this post with a picture of me with my two reviewed products! Such a big-face picture! Haha, But I'm truly happy with my True Box products! Do check out belif singapore for more updates on upcoming contests as well as limited deals and offer! Be a Belif-er.







Older | Newer