Home




Herschel Lap Top Sleeve
Friday, April 19, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says:

It's nearing the weekends again! This whole week had been assignments + studying week. There was both political and behavioral assignment to finish. And the terrible weather is making it really hard to concentrate on my work, especially when I feel oh-so-sticky all the time with the occasional droplet of sweat gliding down my skin. As such, I am officially making Changi Airport my favourite hang out place again. It's the time of the year whereby I can be seen here everyday! I bet the auntries already recognized me since I am here practically the entire week. They are so nice! Instead of chasing me away aka Starbucks waitresses, they actually cleared food away from my table to keep it clean and more conducive for me! So sweet.

Anyhow, this post is written because.... *drum rolls please...

I have finally gotten my laptop sleeve!!! 

Ya, I know you guys will be like "Get laptop sleeve only, got so excited meh?" *insert in a bochup face. 

BUT, I actually took 6 MONTHS to find my laptop sleeve. Yes, a whopping 6 months! That is because I want to find a perfect laptop sleeve for my white ASUS K45V. A pretty laptop deserves a good sleeve, is'nt it? However, price is a major determinant in my decision making as well. For I'm but a poor students. *sobs

So today, I was back at Changi Airport to study. (Ya, I know. No life.) After my studying session, I decided to shop around Changi Airport. Actually this is one of the reasons why I love studying here. I mean besides having a conducive environment to study without being chased out, I actually can do some retail therapy after I'm done to reward myself. But hey, I'm not a shopaholic! It's usually window shopping for me and the place I frequent the most is actually NTUC. So back to the laptop sleeve. I saw Bratpack T3 having a sale and they have a rack that seems to have laptop sleeves. (I wrote seems to because whenever I thought I saw laptop sleeves at a store, it ALWAYS turned out to be iPad sleeves. T^T) I was pleasantly surprise to find out that they were laptop sleeves and from Herschel no less. 

AND THEY WERE ON SALE!

To be honest, I was already eyeing those Herschel Heritage Laptop sleeves since Christmas when I first saw them. But the price tag was SGD$69 and even on some online sites, it would still cost me SGD$59. I remembered having this internal struggle of whether should I splurge that much on a Laptop Sleeve. And I almost did after I went Popular and MiniToons and found that those inferior material sleeves were retailing for SGD$30 and above. Those usually cost SGD$10 in the past! I didn't know inflation was at 300%! And so, when I saw those Herschel Heritage Laptop Sleeves on sale, I knew I had to get them. 

PLUS, THESE BABIES WERE GOING AT SGD$29 ONLY!
And at SGD$27.10 after they absorb 7% gst at Changi Airport! 

But alas! They ran out of 15", not even a single one left. I was so upset... T^T Then, the shopkeeper volunteered to check the other outlets for me. When she said the other outlets, I thought she meant either Katong I12 or Cathay Cineleisure. And no matter, if they had stocks at either of them, I would be flying down the very next moment. After she got off the phone, she told me that the other outlet has stocks! *YIPPEEEEEE Dances to Psy Gentlemen/ Oppa Gangnam style in my head. And the BEST part was the other outlet was located at T2! I just have to take the skytrain over!




I wanted either Army Green or Grey initially, but both were out of stock. However, they still had quite a few colours left. I was deliberating between the Olive Khaki or the Red Orangey one as seen over here. I SOS-ed to both B and my sister seeking for advice. I was so excited I almost forgot I haven't had my dinner. But as they took like FOREVER to reply, and my tummy was hinting me that it needed to be taken care of, I decided to head over to souperlicious to settle for a quick meal. The other outlet wasn't Bratpack actually. It was actually named Flight 001 which was in between CAAS and Eu Yang Sang. They had a lot of other travel bags but my eyes were set on Herschel only. Hahaha



And so presenting to you my BABY! :D 



The Olive Khaki won! Both B and my sis chose Olive Khaki. The Red-Orangey lost because it was too loud. Personally, I liked the Olive Khaki but I thought the Red-Orangey was more "ME" as the Olive Khaki seems a bit too dull. But nonetheless, I still love it all the same! It's such an easy to match colour,  especially with my Army Green Jansport Backpack. Yeah! Anyways, do remember to keep the cupboard tag as Herschel products have a 1-year limited warranty.





Something that I really love about my Herschel laptop sleeve is that the internal compartment is fully lined with this luxurious black fur. So whenever I place my laptop in it, I feel that is is lovingly protected by those soft fur. Awwww.. It is really very nice to touch. Hahaha. :D The side zipper is actually those hidden kind, as such, it would leave those angry ugly marks on your arm when you are carrying them. And also prevent absent-minded people like me from accidentally injuring myself from the zipper. 








And here is me posing with the "Thank You" foam board I found inside the sleeve. :D Everything also must take picture because I got such a good deal. From $69 to $27.10! That is like approx 60% off!








Here is the happy me with my Herschel Laptop Sleeve! :D All smiles! Go get yours now! The sale is available at all Bratpack outlets for sizes from 11'' all the way to 17". And the people are all very friendly too! I'd been to the Cathay outlet before and the lady there was very helpful as well. 

Paying it forward with an ultra good deal! Hope you will end up as happy as I'm!  



Older | Newer