Home




Last Class Ever
Thursday, April 11, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

I attended my very last Economics Seminar today. 4 years... It's funny how it ended the way it started. My very first Economics class I attended was HE101- Principles of Microeconomics. It was taught by both Prof Eko Riyanto and Prof Rosalind Chew. My tutorials were conducted by Prof Riyanto. And today, coincidentally, my last lesson was conducted by Prof Riyanto again- HE404 Behavioral Economics. 

Before the class started, I borrowed Lydia's notes to photocopy 2 sets- one each for Amelene and I. On route to class, I met Prof Riyanto and we started chatting. It felt rather surreal because we were chatting rather comfortably, like a friend. Then he paused and said "You are Winifred right? I remembered you in my HE101 class." I was momentarily stunned by his words. 

For the uninitiated,  HE101 is the basic course that EVERY single Econs undergrad has to take in NTU and classes are conducted twice a year. As such, since I took it in Year 1 Sem 1, the prof would have taken about 7 batches after mine. 

I didn't expect any other Profs to remember me, the only one I expect is my FYP prof since the amount of e-mails my group had bombarded him over the past year and the number of times we requested for meet ups and consultations probably accumulated to an astronomical number. (Yup, my group is kiasu like that. But if you are going to spend 1 whole year doing it for 8 AUs, why not right? It's a commitment and I'm really glad my group made it through <3)

And so I just muttered something really lame "I'm.. I'm so, honoured." And got all embarrassed.  I'm acting like a small girl, but profs always make me feel really small. AND! Well, during my Year 1, I'd always see him as my "idol" because he was always so animated and passionate in his lectures. And so to me, to be remembered by him is a REALLY BIG DEAL

I was so happy throughout his entire class, despite it being my last ever lesson as a student. This was a picture taken after class with my group mates! I wouldn't ask for a better group. I'm really glad we were a team and we made it to the top 5 best groups! Woohoo! 


I shall try to take things one step at a time. Next up, submission of HE404 & HE3015 assignment. My final exams after 23 years of living and 19 years of formal education. Grad trips.

Before I make the final transition. Fighting!

Older | Newer