Home




Etude House X Minnie Mouse Collection
Thursday, December 26, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

Saw a message from a friend and felt so guilty! I'm so sorry for the long hiatus. However, today, I would like to blog on a topic which excites me- Korean Make up. :D

A few weeks ago, I found out about the collaboration between Etude House and Minnie Mouse. 

 Look at Sulli for f(x)! She looks so cute with the Minnie Mouse ears and her make-up looks so cute too! 

Sulli's make up's focus is more on the orange/red tones from the Minnie Mouse Series.

And Krystal from f(x). Looking so sweet with the pink tones makeup from the series. 

And of course, the most important question is "What are the products from this collaboration?" I am pleased to say that there are many new and cute products from this series! Nothing less from Disney and one of the top Korean Make Up store that specializes in making cute and pretty stuff for young girls. :)


As you can see, there are nail polish, nail glitter, eye shadow, lipstick, Mascara, falsies, blusher and highlighter!




For the nail art fanatics, rejoice! In this series, there are two new solid colours- No.1 Minnie Red and No. 2 Bubble Pink. I think No. 2 is a very nice colour for young girls or for summer. Personally, I prefer No. 1 as I think it is more appropriate for work and is such a nice shade of red. :D And the nail polish are said to give a Gel Effect- providing Gloss, Vivid Coloration and Long Lasting! 

And of course there would be fun colours in this series too. I had liked the previous Ice Cream nails series with the colourful bits added into pastel colours. This time round, there are cute designs added into transparent nail polish. There are 4 different shapes and colours to choose from. No.3 Minnie White Face, No. 4 Minnie Pink Ribbon, No. 5 Minnie Silver Ribbon and No. 6 Minnie Black Face. You can actually mix the solid Gel colours No. 1 & 2 with the other 4 design polishes to achieve cute nail arts as shown above. 


There are also small pots of the decorative patterns available for sale as well, available in 4 different colours- White, Black, Pink and Silver!


There are 3 colours in this series. PK006- Bubble Pink, BE104 Shining Beige and PK005 Minnie Peach. The two colours in the PK series are matte eye shadows while BE as the name suggests is the shimmery type. 

Next up, the lipsticks. There are two colours in this series. 01. Minnie Red and 02. Bubble Pink. (You can see that most of the products have these 2 colours as they are the iconic Minnie Mouse Colours, and Sulli wears the Minnie Red while Krystal wears the Bubble Pink). Personally prefer the 02. Bubble Pink as I think it is more suitable for young Asian girls. Imo, I don't think everyone can carry off red lippie and if done incorrectly, you will look rather scary.


And of course Mascara! I'm sure Minnie Mouse lashes are not real, she either put on mascara or false eye lashes! Haha. Offered in this collection is the 3 Step Volumecara which is said to add dolly volume and "perm" your lashes for a day. However, unlike the rest of the collection, there are no cute Minnie Mouse Prints on the mascara nor any cute design on the mascara wand. Such a disappointment. :(


And the Falsies! There is technically only one set of falsies available. The longer lashes are 01 Minnie Up Lash for your upper eye lids and 02 Minnie Under Lash for your lower eye lids. For the extra volume, try pairing them up with the mascara. *winks


And for those who are using the any cushion BB foundation, you can get this cute Minnie Mouse case to place yours! I think it is really cute. 

And my favourites from this collection: Highlighter and Blusher!


The one on the right is the Blusher while the one on the left is the highlighter! It's so cute, because not only is the casing Minnie Mouse, the actual product is also a Minnie Mouse!

However, the saddest thing is that these products are only available in Korea due to copyright issues, as such, I could only get them via online. After much contemplation, I decided to get the highlighter. After a week, I finally laid my hands on my highlighter.

The packing is so cute, with all the bows, polka dots, hearts and xoxo. The casing is equally cute. I actually like the fact that is is drawn in black over a white surface- minimalist and simple. Just like that.

HOWEVER, horrors. When I opened the casing...


The highlighter was smashed! with no Minnie Mouse. I was so upset. :,( I asked for a replacement, however, due to a communication breakdown, the seller gave me a full refund instead. It was really disappointing. My Minnie Mouse had been destroyed. However, I think it is a waste to simply throw it away. Hence I decided to do something to save the highlighter.

How to save smashed powdered make up packs

Following the steps I learnt from 女人我最大, I emptied out the entire content onto a clean piece of tissue. Then I smashed the the entire highlighter into powdery form. After, I poured the powdered form back and pressed the content down with a piece of tissue to ensure a smooth flat surface and prevent the powdered form from spilling. And....




IT WORKS! I'm still pretty upset that my Minnie Mouse face is gone. But on the bright side, the highlighter 3 part colours are meant to be used together, hence, now, my highlighter is indeed well-mixed. Haha.

And this marks the end of my post. Hope it had been an enjoyable read. :)

And before you go, could you please click on this link and vote for my XBOX Hamper. The contest will run from now till 20th Jan 014 and you can vote daily. http://www.xbox.com/en-sg/contest/myxboxdreamhamper/?code=1387442971_6323   Thank you! 





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Older | Newer