Home




REMINISCING KOREA - A JOURNEY MADE A YEAR AGO PART 4
Friday, October 4, 2013 |Comment(s)

Fredfredtan says...

Before I go straight into my Korea journey, let me do a quick update. I've been missing on this platform for a while, I apologize if you have been the few who still came by to look for updates. Thank you for not forsaking this little blog over here.

Last weekend, there was a sale at Etude house! Woohoo. Being a member I have an additional 10% on top of the 30% discount to public. Took advantage of the sale to get some items like the Foundation Brushes. Will do a beauty buys post soon too. Hopefully this weekend. :D

I've also gotten an EOS1100D in red. But there are some problem with the lens or the body's contact, hence they can't read each other- the Error 1. The puzzling thing is that the problem only occur when I'm in the Manual/AV/A Dep mode. So I'm making a trip down to Canon Service Center. *Please Please Please SOLVE THE ERROR* T^T

And on the other note, I'M GOING FOR MY FIRST EVER BUSINESS TRIP! :D Even though it is just to the land of smiles, but I'm still so excited! Flying by SQ and staying at Sheraton. A little intimidating, as it will be a solo trip, but I'm going to make the most out of it!

July 8, 2012 Korea-Jeju

It is our last day in Jeju before flying off to Seoul. We decided to just have a relaxing day, absorbing nature before we board our flight to Seoul.

Jeju is a rather sleepy town, so getting breakfast in the morning is really quite a challenge! However, we managed to find this Ramen store near the Seogwipo bus terminal. And they serve Kimbap too. I actually stood outside the store rather long trying to figure out what they were selling. They didn't have a picture menu so it was just words. So I was trying my best to figure out what they were selling by pronouncing each word carefully.



Look at my happy face when I see food.


And we saw a cute dog during our relaxing stroll.

B wanted to see the Oedolgae Rocks so we made our way to see them! There were so many tourists around and crowding out the place. The PRCs were so rough and shoving you around. But a very nice pair of Korean ladies offered to help us take a picture. :,) That is why I love the Koreans so much. Always so helpful throughout our entire trip!





Oh man, I miss this pair of loafers. They were so comfy and I even scale a mountain with it! 




Look at how scenic is Jeju! Doing all these posts only make me miss Jeju so much! 


And on our way back to our hotel, we saw this Baseball machine! If you are an avid fan of Korean Dramas and Variety Shows, this would not be unfamiliar to you. The Koreans are really crazy fans of baseball and every year there is a Baseball league. So these arcades are built to feed on the craze and let everyone has a feel of smacking the baseball. All you have to do is to insert a coin into the machine and press a button to release the first ball. Subsequently, the balls will just shoot out on its own and you will just do your very best to back it. each ball you hit out will account for 1 point! :D It was so fun!


I don't think anyone else will attempt this while wearing a skirt! Hahaha


I have such a good pose! But I remembered performing really badly. I either hit too fast or too slow!


And an ending pose! :D



B's turn!

And we head to the airport to catch our flight to Seoul. We ended our stay in Jeju by getting Couple Tumblers from Starbucks! (But mine had since cracked and I'm really sad about it.) Really love the tumbler as it was a cute illustration of the island of Jeju. B initially chose another tumbler, but in the end, he decided to get the same one as me. (He chose the Calligraphy one, obviously mine is nicer! MUAHAHA) 




 July 9, 2012 Korea-Seoul

So So So Seoul! Hahah. After spending a few days in Seoul, we felt so lost in the big city. I really feel that I was a village kid and trying to take in all the hustle and bustle that was happening in this big city with all the skyscrapers.

We decided to head to Hongdae- Edae- Sinchon for the first day.

Hongdae is at the the Hongik train station. The place is named after the Hongik University, one of the best Arts colleges in Korea. As such, the area is like the hippy arts place in Seoul with many hip cafes and a strong club culture.


As we were famished, our first stop would be to find a good eatery. Somehow a cold noodle store on the 2nd floor caught our eye and we decided to head there to eat. IT IS THE SPICIEST NOODLES I HAVE EVER EATEN.


B took the cold soupy version while I took the dry cold noodles with hot pepper paste.


They came with a huge serving of meat! Actually, the noodles wasn't that spicy initially, so I took this spicy sauce on the table and added in. There was a warning on the bottle that indicated that it was their specialty spicy sauce and add sparingly. I added a few drops and thought it wasn't that bad, so I added more. OMG. BURN T^T But I still slurp them down and my stomach had to bear with it the whole day. So worth it, like a shiok!

And I wanted to go the 1st shop of Prince Cafe. But to my dismay it was closed that day! I was so sad, because the cafe was located quite a distance away and the weather was so terrible. :,( I remember B was rather irritated that we couldn't visit the Cafe after going out of the way to find it. I was so upset and angry. Guys, they just don't understand... :'( But he made up by buying ice cream! Haha (And.. he brought me back another day too, yay!)



Some lovely shops that we see along the way too.



And we retreated into a small cafe to rest and recharge. 


Oh ya, before I forget, you should get a T-Money when you are over there. We bought the Seoul CityPass type of T-Money, but there were a few other types. We went with the easiest choice. It was bought from a vending machine with the help of a few high school girls, who struggled to communicate with us in English but were still so enthusiastic. :)


And off we went to Ewha University! It is Korea's Top All-Girls school. Only Korean girls can apply, however, the school is open for foreign exchange students! I bet many guys would love to apply to here for exchange to be surrounded by so many pretty Korean girls!





We ended up in Sinchon to satisfy our hungry tummies! Sinchon is near Yonsei University, one of the top 3 University in Korea! I really love the fact that they have shopping streets and cafes built around their Universities. If only NTU was like that too.  


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Older | Newer